These are my links for August 30th through September 2nd:
- Facebook and Twitter meet iTunes in Ping – Apple takes further strides to integrate iTunes with social networks. I'm wondering where this leaves services such as Last.fm and Blip.fm?
- 10 Tips For Aspiring Community Managers – As the world of dominant brands becomes more fragmented, established companies and startups are hiring community managers to cultivate an engaged community in a digital world where customers’ experiences with the product is amplified through social media, whether good or bad. And it’s not just the experience that users value; the relationships and connections they are able to make with companies and fellow consumers are just as important.
- Drupal Gardens | Get a Free Drupal 7 Site Here – Build community websites simply and easily. Can be hosted by Drupal Gardens of exported to your chosen hosting service.
- 500 Internal Server Error – 500 Internal Server Error
- Google buys another social networking site in preparation for GoogleMe – Looks like the rumours about Google gearing up to launch a 'GoogleMe' social networking site to rival Facebook may be true. Why else aquire yet another social networking website and add to its stable of social media/social networking experts? Google has been dabbling around with social networking for some time. It owns the Orkut social network website, which has been active since 2004 and is extremely popular in Brazil and India but less so in the rest of the world. Google Friend Connect was an attempt to allow users to connect friends together on different websites, which again has failed to make much impact. Howevere, these are all lessons learned and I think that Google is determined to get it right with Google Me.