Useful to see where we are with Social Media as we approach the end of the year (2013). Nothing too surprising here, i.e. the numbers just get bigger. Key statistics and trends from the Infographic:
- 30 percent of traffic from social media is from SlideShare.
- Snapchat declined two multi-billion acquisition offers from Google and Facebook.
- Over 35 million images with the hashtag #Selfie were posted to Instagram.
- L.L. Bean’s Woodland Creatures Pinterest board is the most followed with 4,689,706 followers.
- Pinterest accounted for 41 percent of traffic referred to e-commerce sites.
- Pinterest outscores Facebook for shopping, where the average shopper spends $140 to $160 with Pinterest, compared to $60 to $80 through Facebook.
- Infographics receive 4x more attention than presentations, and 23x more than documents on SlideShare.
- Twitter has 231.7 million monthly active users who spend an average of 170 minutes per month.
- A branded video on Vine is 4x more likely to be seen than a branded video posted elsewhere.
- 95 percent of Facebook users log in every day.
- Facebook accounts for 15.8 percent of all time spent on the Internet.
- LinkedIn has 259 million users, and nearly 40 percent pay for a premium account.
- Google+ adds 25,000 new users per day or an average of eight new users per second.
Infographic courtesy of Sparefoot.com.