Whenever I’ve been asked to explain “social media”, I’ve found that one sure way of getting the message across is to use this slide. It’s a bit tongue-in-cheek, but there’s no harm in injecting a bit of humour into any presentation.
I do not take any credit for the idea, and would normally accredit the original source, but there are so many different variations on this theme around the Web that I’ve not been able to discover how and where it started. Indeed, I’ve also made some of my own changes to bring it up to date. So, apologies in advance if I am upsetting any ownership sensibilities!
- Twitter: I’m eating a #donut
- Facebook: I like donuts
- Foursquare: This is where I eat donuts
- Instragram: This is a vintage photo of my donut
- Pinterest: Here’s a recipe for making donuts
- LastFM: Now listening to “Donuts”
- Google+: I’ve joined a circle of donut-eating enthusiasts
- Reddit: There’s a conspircy around donut eating.